DescriptionAt Hangloose Adventure we believe having fun is a serious business.
We are an outdoor adventure centre based at the Bluewater Shopping Centre in Kent with our other site being down at the Eden Project in Cornwall.
We will be operating England’s longest & fastest Zip-Wire from February with additional activities opening over the course of the 3-year build. Activities such as skydiving, bungee jumping, Europe’s largest giant swing and much more.
We are looking for several new Senior Instructors to join our fun and friendly activities team to be the first ones to open the new site here at Bluewater.
No formal qualifications are required as full training is provided
One year plus of supervisor/management experience is essential previous Activity Instructor/ ropes course/ climbing experience plus any first aid certification would be a big advantage for you.
A positive attitude and professional manner is essential, as well as a good head for heights, the ability to remain calm, a compassionate approach to helping people, plus the passion for working outdoors
You must be fit, active, and due to the customer facing nature of our roles, confident in providing consistent high standards of customer care for our visitors throughout their experience, ensuring both their enjoyment and their safety at all times, by following processes and safety standards.
This role will require you to attend a weeklong training course, and to achieve sign-off by an external assessor.
Positions may also be subject to an enhanced personal check through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Daily setup and clear down of activities
- The safe and consistent operation of activities, the fitting and removal of safety equipment for customers, safety briefings and adherence to strict standards and processes
- Coaching and assisting both adults and children through the activities in a calm and controlled manor, ensuring each person feels safe and enjoys their experiences
- Basic cleaning and maintenance of site
- Assist the duty managers in the running of the site
- Allocate tasks within the team
- Support change and transfer programs
- To have an awareness and understanding of Health & Safety legislation and procedures
- Ensuring that Hangloose is always presented in a positive manner
- Where appropriate, deal with customer complaints efficiently
- Helping clients and upselling where possible
- To put customer service, safety and care as the number one priority
- Complete the company reporting systems
- Assist with scheduling operational staff
- Assist with training
- Manage the operational teams and work as an instructor
- Ensure that all staff are briefed and equipped ready to undertake their duties, with knowledge of the customer service standards
- To care for all of the equipment, attractions and the site and to identify maintenance as required.
- Assist with incident response training & drills
- Assist with staff mandates
- To attend and successfully complete training as a qualified instructor / first aider and rescue trained
Undertake whatever jobs are required for the safety harmonious running of the business
Due to the 7 days a week nature of our business you will need to be available weekdays / weekends / holidays during the summer season.
Uniforms is provided
Contract length: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Depending on experience