Course Concept & Itinerary
- 1. General
You need to attend the training workshops (part 1) before you can attend the assessment (part 2). During these days the master trainers will ask you to perform practical skills as well as to present theoretical topics and to teach instructions. Furthermore a written test needs to be taken as part of the assessment.
- 2. Delivery of theory & practical topics
- The Theory topics should be a maximum of 20mins and the practical topics a maximum of 30mins.
- At the end of each topic there will be feedback from the training group and Master Trainers plus additional content, suggested other ideas and other methods, equipment options and guidance.
- You will need to present as if we are a group of new Instructors on your training course.
- Each candidate will be asked to perform at least 2 topics and it is expected to present in different techniques and teaching methods.
- one more topic needs to be presented during the assessment.
- 3. Written test
- There will be a Theory test at the end of the course. The test will be 40 questions of multiple choice and you will expected to get 75% correct answers.
- The test will cover all content of the training workshops and in addition basic knowledge from sources like Euro Norms, EN 15567, the ERCA Standards, knowledge of equipment and the wider industry.
- You will receive a catalogue of sample topics, but please be aware that assessment questions and topics may differ from the given samples.
- 4. Practical Assessment
- Ongoing assessment: Throughout the 2 or 3 last days (assessment, part 2) ERCA Master Trainers will be assessing your knowledge and skill level to ensure that only those who are genuinely up to the ERCA Trainer standard pass the course.
- You will be asked to deliver one theoretical and one practical topic from the ERCA syllabus.You will be assessed on depth and accuracy of content as well as delivery. You will be given your topic for the assessment during the assessment days and not before.
- Furthermore you will be asked to present and to teach rescue scenarios and/or a variety of techniques and coping skills related to rescue/ emergency.
- 5. Results
The results will be given to you at the end of the assessment day(s). If you wish master trainers will feedback on you performance delivered. Complaints can be filed according to the regulations from the ERCA syllabus.